Thursday 5 January 2012

Restore Archivelogs to new location using RMAN

The solution is used to copy archivelogs from RMAN catalog.

Step 1: uncatalog the required archivelogs from RMAN prompt

RMAN>CHANGE ARCHIVELOG FROM LOGSEQ=60 UNTIL LOGSEQ=70 UNCATALOG;

Once the archivelogs have been successfully uncataloged, you are now able to successfully restore the archive logs to a new location.

RMAN>run{
set archivelog destination to '/tmp/arch';
restore archivelog from logseq=60 until logseq=70;
}

Cataloging archivelogs again by added them to the RMAN repository

RMAN>CATALOG ARCHIVELOG '/opt/log/1_60_archivelog.log';

Cataloging multiple copies in a directory

RMAN>CATALOG START WITH '/opt/log';

2 comments:

  1. I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort
    of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this information So i'm glad to express that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed.
    I so much indisputably will make sure to do not forget this website and give
    it a glance regularly.

    Look at my site: diet plan to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

How To Install LAMP on Ubuntu 12.04

L inux         A pache         M ySQL             P HP Step One—Install Apache open terminal and type in these commands: s udo apt-ge...